Search This Blog

Saturday 22 September 2012

Postcard From The Village

    It's lovely here, in fact I wish you were here enjoying the quiet atmosphere of the Village just as I am. You know nothing is asked of me, nothing is required of me, I'm not even forced to take employment, and I live comfortably enough, in what is laughingly called my "home from home!" I never was very important, I don't even know why 'they' brought me here. I told Number 2 that I don't know anything, she said that that didn't make the slightest bit of difference, seeing as people who know too little are also brought here. It would seem that even the smallest piece of information maybe important, it might even save a persons life. I'm not so sure that would be a good idea, well I wouldn't want to end up like that Roland Walter Dutton chap, they certainly made fool out of him! Oh I forgot, they don't use names here, I meant Number 42.
  Then there's that Number 6, going about shouting "I am not a number, I am a free man." I think he does it just to make an impression, well he doesn't impress me! He once put me to the test, to see whether I was a Guardian or a Prisoner. I feigned uninterest, well the man's trouble, and I for one don't wish to get mixed up with anything he's involved with!
   The best way to deal with prison, is to keep your head down, keep your nose clean, and don't get involved with anyone. Anyway I've an appointmet to meet with Number 66, an ex-Admiral, we're going to sail plastic boats in the Fee Sea this afternoon, oh I mean re-enact the battle of the River Plate.

                No.34
     Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment